What a year 2023 has been! I've learned so much about myself and hit so many milestones. This will be my first year in review I ever post. I've written brief year in reviews on paper in the past. My year in review for 2023.
I started a Company
- I filed and started my own company called, Pabs Tech, LLC. This has been something that had in the back of my mind for a long time. I only did very tiny projects with my company.
- I'd like to have more projects where I can help others suceed in there projects.
- I started to help my friends build a small game.
- Help friends with their projects.
100 Blog posts! This blog post is number 100 for 2023. This is the most I've written on a personal site. I'm really proud of myself. This year I got back into blogging. I am so happy I did. I wrote a blog post on why I blog.
I joined the IndieWeb this year! I've meet some amazing people who have motivated me in so many ways. I find them inspiring. This is a great communithy to join. I only wish I would have done it sooner.
- I got to meet up with an IndieWeb community member while I was visiting Los Angeles.
- I've attended almost every Homebrew Website Club (remote) since March.
- I started building an IndieAuth extension for Datenstrom Yellow
- Started a podcast on my website called Pablo's Thought Podcast on things that I want to share.
I really explored photography and videography. I made some major leaps and bounds in both analog and digital photography. My camera visited new cities.
- I posted a Photography Year in Review of my favorite shots.
- I've gone on 10 hikes this year! Darn it! I live in California and I should make more use of the natural facilities.
I did some traveling this year. I've been telling myself that I need to travel more of the United States this year even if I have visited these places before. I went to new places in California and went to places in California I've been to in the past. I even went to the same place on the East Coast Again.
- I visited two Buzzfeed Offices in Los Angeles and New York City.
- I attended NYC Climate Week for the first time
- I visited wine country for the first ime
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Mexico City
- Napa Valley (Wine Country)
- New York
- Oaxaca, Mexico
- San Luis Reservoir, California
Things I have learned in 2023
- I'm learned to start loving myself. I started going to therapy. I'm starting to unravel and start understanding why I've seen myself in such a negative light.
- It's okay to make mistakes. Learning from them is key to improve.
- Feel less guilty in enjoying time for myself.
- Being active consistently is key. It helps me stay motivated knowing I don't always have to go hard. Consistency is key.
What about 2024 ?
I have a lot planned for 2024. I will continue to travel with friends but also go places on my own. I will need to go on more artist dates.
- I'm planning to host an IndieWebCamp in Sacramento.
- I'd like to run a marathon.
- I'd like to learn how to dance.
Here's to a great 2024!